Thursday, April 10, 2014

In-Class Writing

    The primary research that I chose to do was a survey. I chose to do a survey because I knew that I could get different people's opinions on my topic easier than trying to do an interview. I hope to find out how many people I can get to answer my survey read romance novels and why. I also want to know how many are female versus male, what the range of ages are, and the types of jobs that they do. The information that I get from my survey will help me answer my research question because it helps tell me if females read romances and why they do. The information also will help me to know how many people, especially females enjoy the subgenre paranormal romance and why they find this genre appealing.

     My secondary research has influenced my survey because through my research, I found that women are the most likely ones to read romance novels, and these women are middle-aged and mothers with jobs. I used this information to come up with questions to see if the females that have read romance novels are middle-aged women with jobs. I have found that some of the females that read romance novels are students in college; most are women that have jobs. The ages range from 17 to 66, but this includes the males that I have that have taken the survey.  I did not ask a question for if the participants were mothers (fathers) or not, but I did receive a few answers that showed the participants were mothers (maybe a father).

     The questions that I asked were about demigraphics of people and the types of romance novels they read. I asked about their age, occupation, and where they live. I asked about the favorite subgenre they like, and if they have read a romance novel or not, what they feel makes a romance novel "romance", and what they like about paranormal romance novels. The responses that I anticipate are whether people read romance novels, why they do, if they are male or female, and what they find appealing about them. The answers that I received from my survey can help me with my research because the survey provides me with information on who reads romances, why they read them, and what they believe makes a romance novel "romance." I feel that the results that I have support the information that I discovered through my secondary research. The results that I have show that more females read romance novels because they want to relax and enjoy the word plots and characters. Most participants enjoy this genre, but some do not; it seems that paranormal is a good subgenre, but others have been listed as favorites as well. I hope that the results of my survey will be really good information and support to have in my paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment