Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I was originally going to do a research paper on the topic of romance as a "love" perspective; after talking with my English professor, it was agreed to do the topic of romance novels. I enjoy this genre because I find it so wonderful when a man and woman meet each other and fall in love. My research question involves knowing why females are so drawn to these novels. The fact that I am a female who loves romance novels and the idea that this genre was written for a female audience helped me to find interest in this topic.

I faced the challenge of trying to figure out exactly what it was that I wanted to write about towards romance novels. There were different subtopics to go along with the overall topic, I just didn't know what it was I wanted to research. I actually did a little research with Wikipedia just to get me started with the whole "romance novel" topic. From this site, I found some interesting things. One of these things was the fact that it appeared as if females were the intended/targeted audience for this genre. This made me wonder "why" it is assumed that females are the only ones that enjoy these novels. I was curious to know what makes this genre "romance", and why is this genre enjoyed so much.

Preliminary research has helped me to see different reasons for why females seem to be so attracted to romance novels. Some of the reasons I found to be very interesting because they never would have occurred to me that it was why we "females" love romance novels. The research has helped me to know that possibilities that can arise from this project include telling why women enjoy romance novels and what makes the novels "romance."

I am most excited to learn what it is that makes women enjoy romance novels. I am curious since I am a female "in love" with these novels!! I do not think that anything is least exciting for this project. I feel that everything about this project is going to be exciting!! I would say that my work in class is pretty good; I feel that my work folder shows that I am a hard worker and do my best at everything I am given to accomplish. I feel that my work can be better, but it is alright for just starting out. I feel that it will improve over time. The work folder does not show the struggle or enjoyment I have with this project. I just absolutely love to write and read romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment