Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Critical Reflection III

I am going to answer my research question using my sources as supportive information. My sources, both primary and secondary, have provided me with information and evidence towards my research question pertaining to romance novels. I have found different information that helps explain why female are drawn to romance novels, especially paranormal romances. The sources also help provide me with some general or background information on romance novels themselves. I want to start my paper with the general information on romance novels to explain what they are and how they view them. I will provide examples from my primary research, along with my experiences, to support this idea. I will then talk about the different reasons/ways mentioned for why people (females) enjoy the romance genre. Support and evidence will be provided from the sources of my secondary research along with my primary research (a survey).

Question: Why are females so drawn to romance novels, especially paranormal romance?
Answer: Romance novels have different meanings to everyone; females read them to feel connected and complete with the world.


I feel that my thesis is ok; I know that it can become better once I get a feel for how exactly I want the information to be in my paper. I feel that it somewhat hints at answering my research question, but I hope to improve it over time before the final paper. It does encompass the points I want to mention in my paper, but I feel that it is a little weak to take a stand towards the paper I am going to write. I know that I will improve the thesis over time, and it will show what I want to address along with posing a strong argument.

1 comment:

  1. My new Thesis Statement for my paper is "Romance novels are enjoyed by females because they give readers a sense of completeness.

    ReplyDelete