Thursday, May 15, 2014

Critical Reflective Essay

     The research question that I used for my paper was developed through the experiences that I have had with romance novels along with my curiosity. I am a female that enjoys reading romance novels because of the way they allow me to escape everyday difficulties. I have seen and heard that females are the ones who more likely read romance novels; there are men who also read this genre, but their numbers are outweighed triumphantly by the number of female readers. From this, I developed the research question of "why do females enjoy romance novels?." I did focus on one specific subgenre along with romance novels in general. I discussed the reasons females enjoy paranormal romance novels.

      I used a variety of sources from different experts to provide me with information that I could use to help answer my research question. Each source had his/her own views on romance novels that helped provide differing views on my topic. The sources helped to provide me with information on what romance novels are, what makes them "romance", and why females enjoy them. I also conducted a survey as primary research to try and help me get information from actual romance readers to compare the results that I found during my research. My survey helped to show that those that read romance novels are young adults, and they read them to escape from difficulties and to enjoy the love and struggles between the couple in the stories. Both my primary and secondary research helped to provide me with additional information about my topic of romance novels to add into my overall paper.

        I used the comments from my peers and instructor to make some changes to my final paper. They helped me by showing areas where I needed to explain things more clearly along with  other areas or ideas that needed improvement. I feel that the instructor and my classmates really helped me to improve my paper. I feel that my final paper is better than what is was, and it does show my improvement and what I have learned from the course. I have learned how to better critically analyze resources and incorporate my own experiences within the paper itself. I feel that my paper and blog will allow others to get a sense of these experiences. I feel that they can use my paper for information that pertains to romance novels; the annotated bibliography and works cited helps show the different sources that I used for my paper. These can allow other people to explore these sources if they want additional information on an aspect of the genre that they do not understand or just want to read the sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment